Thursday, April 3, 2014

Congratulations to me, it's a blog!

Why would I be congratulating myself on the birth of my blog?  Well, it has been gestating in my head of a few years now but until recently, I did not have the emotional energy or unstructured time to dedicate to bringing it to life on the computer screen. Now that I am self employed in real estate, I will have more flexibility to tend to the feeding and pruning of this thing. When I named this blog, I chose a play on words that I hoped would make it meaningful in regards to my life in general and relate it to what I do for a living as experiences in my work often fill my head. As a real estate agent, real estate investor, former mortgage banker, & the wife of a certified KY Real Estate Appraiser (yes, I sleep with an appraiser!) we pretty much live, sleep, eat and breathe real estate around here.  But when I am not working (which when you are a real estate agent is a bit hard to determine), I am a parent of two small children who appropriately dominate every other minute of my life.

So, here it is, a permanent record (seems a bit scary, right?) of my observations on such topics as living, parenting, real estate, finance, politics, religion, grief, etc. as I spew them out into the world. As those closest to me can attest, you never know what I might say next, so sometimes it will be serious, sometimes silly, just like my life.

If I create nothing more than a journal of sorts (maybe for my kids to read someday), I will consider it a win. In any case, if I can keep the proverbial wheels on this cart, it should be an adventure. I hope you will stick around for the ride. 

3 comments:

  1. The name of the blog can also be shortened to "Lucy's LOL" ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes, Jimmy, you are correct! I hadn't even picked up on that :)

    ReplyDelete